Our Engineering and Site Services department covers fabrication and welding, mechanical fitting, customer site maintenance, technical advice, bespoke projects and design. These services create a strong bond with our customers from the start of a project to its completion.
The department is headed by Neil Evans (Engineering Services Director) who oversees both site services and fabrication. We have designated teams of fabricators and fitters, with the teams led by Lead Engineers. Our lead engineers are supported by other lead engineers, tradesman, semi-skilled tradesmen, labourers and drivers.
The JB teams combined working experience within the engineering industry covers sectors such as: Mining, Food Processing, Quarry, Mineral Processing, Paper and Brewery. We have supplied one blue chip customer for over forty years. Our teams are fully conversant engineers and tradesman in their own field of expertise: Fabrication, CAD design, Welding, Mechanical Installation and Maintenance. This is our main strength as JB Engineering is able to approach a project not just from one specialist area but several.
The department has a fully equipped workshop with the following fabrication machinery & capacities:
- 5 ton overhead crane with a working height from underside of the hook to workshop floor of 7.000m.
- Pyramid bending rolls with a capacity of 6mm thick mild steel over 2.000m length.
- 60ton press brake capable of pressing 5mm mild steel 1.250m width total length of blade 2.500m.
- Electrical pipe cutters and threading machines up to 2” pipe diameter.
- A variety of drilling equipment including magnetic – pillar and a small radial.
- Pipe bending up to 2” pipe diameter.
- Guillotine with a 2.500m blade length able to shear 5mm mild steel over the full length.
All JB departments interconnect and support each other; this means access to our in-house laser and bending department for laser profiling, bending needs and small fabrication, which is time and cost efficient for both JB Engineering and customers. Support is also given in Health & safety, administration and Human resources.
Other key points:
- JB Engineering (Hatton) Ltd regularly invests in new equipment, employee training and customer job requirements.
- We have positive relationships with our suppliers who are audited on a regular basis for quality, cost and compliance with production and environmental policies.
- We always
follow up customer complaints and when necessary complete rectification